As a potential patient that will undergo orthodontic treatment, considering you will be having two options, which works well? Which is more effective? Traditional braces or Invisalign?
Facts about Traditional Braces
- Traditional braces are designed to be irremovable; it is an aligner consists of metal brackets glued to the teeth and are tied together by wires.
- Experts say that it is incredibly efficient at straightening teeth and often works faster at closing the gaps of the teeth.
- The traditional braces treatment only takes 18 months to 2 years.
- The maintenance of traditional braces is more obscure than Invisalign because the brackets and wires can present a challenge to the dental hygiene.
- You will be obliged to visit the dentist regularly for tightening and adjusting of braces.
Facts about Invisalign
- Invisalign is a nearly invisible aligner which is aesthetically pleasing.
- It is consists of a set of plastic aligner trays that gradually shifts your teeth into place without discomfort.
- Invisalign is a removable aligner so, you can clean your trays and teeth without any hassle.
- There is no need to go back to your dentist frequently for the painful adjustment and tightening of braces. You are only required to come back every two weeks to replace the Invisalign.
When comparing Traditional braces and Invisalign, it is a tight race. Most of the people who tend to be self-conscious might find Invisalign more appealing with its design. However, it is essential to remember that the success of Invisalign depends on the person’s case. If you are a kind of person who lacks the discipline to wear aligners for at least twenty-two hours a day, they won’t work. With traditional braces, you don’t have a choice but wear it, you may feel the pain and discomfort of the metal brackets and wires that are attached to the teeth, but it will give you excellent results. Metal braces are good at addressing issues where there is a need to rotate teeth or move them vertically.
Still, it’s essential to consult with a professional who can recommend the appropriate orthodontic treatment based on your dental condition, like Image Dental! We have friendly, trusted and a well-experienced dental team when it comes to working with both Invisalign and traditional braces.
Feel confident with your teeth with the help of our Traditional Braces and Invisalign services in Cicero! Image Dental is happy to be of assistance to our patients for all their dental care needs. We are located at 3020 S. Cicero Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. You may contact us at (708) 390-9599 to schedule your appointment.